For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
Indian Railway to change few rules from July 1: All you need to know
New Delhi, May 18: Indian Railway is all set to change many rules and facilities from July 1. People, who are planning to book tickets should know these rules and regulations.
Here are the list of these new rules.
- From July 1, one will get back 50 per cent of money after cancelling Tatkal tickets. Presently, people don't get refund money on tatkal cancellation.
- Timing of tatkal booking will also be changed.
- From July 1, Tatkal window for AC booking will open from 10 am to 11 am. One would be able to book sleeper coach ticket from 11am to 12 pm.
- From this date, only mobile tickets will be valid in Rajdhani and Satabdi Express trains.
- Now onwards, people would be able to book tickets in regional languages also.
- Number of coaches will be increased in Rajdhani and Satabdi Express train so that passengers would be able to get confirm tickets in these trains.
- Waiting listed passengers will get alternate facility of Suvidha trains.
- These trains will be like Rajdhani and Satabdi Express in terms of lesser number of stops.
- People will get only confirmed tickets in these Suvidha trains.
- One will get 50 per cent cash refund on cancelling Suvidha trains.
- The premium trains will no longer in the service now.
- Passengers will also get 'wake up call destination' facility in the trains.