Five features of the new Rs 50 note to be issued soon
The Reserve Bank of India said it would shortly issue the new Rs 50 notes. All bank notes in the denomination of Rs 50 issued by the RBI in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender. The new Rs 50 notes will have the motif of Hampi and a chariot on the reverse. The RBI says this would represent the heritage of the country.
Five features of the new Rs 50 note:
- The new Rs 50 note will be in a dimension of 66 mm x 135 mm.
- It will have a see through register with denominational numeral 50 on the front side of the note which means that the small design printed both on the front (hollow) and back (filled up) of the note in the middle of the vertical band next to the watermark, will have an accurate back-to-back registration. The design will appear as one when seen against the light.
- The year of printing would be mentioned on the back-left of the note and it will also have a Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 50 in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
- On the front side, denominational numeral 50 will also be written in Devnagari along with a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre.
- The Ashoka Pillar emblem will be printed on the front-right side. The guarantee clause, Governor's signature with a promise clause and the RBI emblem will feature towards the right of Mahatma Gandhi's portrait.