• search
For Bhopal Updates
Allow Notification  

One dead, 25 hospitalised due to wrong use of syringes in a MP hospital

By Vikas
|

Bhopal, Aug 28: One patient has died while 25 others have been hospitalised due to alleged negligence by the medical staff at a district Hospital in Datia, Madhya Pradesh. The syringes used for injections are said to be the reason behind the incident.

It could be a case of use of contaminated syringes as reports claim that same syringe was used for all the patients. The incident took place on Monday (August 27).

One dead, 25 hospitalised due to wrong use of syringes in a MP hospital

"Received a complaint that wrong injections were given to patients because of negligence of nurses. Report of medical board awaited. Probe is on," an ANI quoted a police official as saying.

Also Read | Two farmers in Yavatmal hospitalised: Pesticide poisoning suspected

What has also come to fore is that the nurses used normal water instead of distilled water.

"Single syringe was used for all patients. Instead of distilled water, normal water was used by nurses. An inquiry is underway," Dr PK Sharma, Civil Surgeon, told ANI.

For More Bhopal News, Click here

More bhopal NewsView All

For Daily Alerts

For Breaking News from Oneindia
Get instant news updates throughout the day.

Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more