New Delhi, Mar 5 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday slammed ruling Congress party for continuing talks with Pakistan, despite Islamabad's failure to act on New Delhi's insistence to hand over the culprits of the Mumbai terror attacks.
India handed over three new dossiers of evidence to Pakistan on February 25, including one on Hafiz Saeed, the head of the Lashkar-e-Taiba militant group blamed for the Mumbai killings.
Pakistani Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, however, said he would look into the fresh dossiers, but dismissed earlier evidence India supplied against Saeed as mere "literature than evidence".
Saeed himself took similar stand in a television interview recently and was seen inciting violence against India in rallies organised in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, last month.
"The government's stand is confusing to us. On one hand they say that Pakistan is not doing enough, Pakistan is not handing over the concerned terrorists to us, not giving us information with regard to 26/11 on the other hand we are still insisting on continuing the dialogue. It's a paradox we find very difficult to accept," said BJP leader Arun Jaitley.
Earlier, Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram had hit out at the Pakistan Government for not investigating the role of Saeed, whom India has charged of masterminding the Mumbai attacks, despite New Delhi furnishing ample evidence against him. (ANI)