Pune: 34 girls from orphanage taken ill due to food poisoning
Pune, Sep 5: In what appears to be a case of food poisoning, 34 girls of an orphanage in Pune fell ill on Monday evening. The girls complained of stomac ache, nausea and uneasiness after consuming snacks, sweets and khichdi which were reportedly donated.
As per ANI reports, 23 girls have been discharged while 11 have been agmitted to a hospital and kept under observation. All the girls are in the are group of five years to 15 years.
The orphanage is located in Talegaon Dabhade's Kadolkar Colony. The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) department and the city police are probing the matter.
On August 19, a 13-year-old girl died and 12 others were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning at their residential school at a village near Mirzapur, UP, prompting the district administration to order a magisterial probe into it.
On August 10, one child died while several others have been hospitalised due to the deworming pills which were given to around 156 kids by the BMC in Mumbai.
On July 11, around 30 children of a government school in Delhi's Narela locality fell ill on after they consuming mid-day meal.
On July 19, Three children died and more than 30 people were hospitalised due to food poisoning, after consuming dinner at a function in Raigad's Khalapur.