France not finished with terrorism: Hollande
Speaking six weeks after deadly attacks in Paris which left 129 people dead, the President told the nation through radio and television that the threat of another attack "remains at its highest level", Xinhua reported.
"The threat is still there," said Hollande, adding "it remains in fact at its highest level, and we are regularly disrupting planned attacks."
Before the November 13 attacks, militants also attacked the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket earlier this year.
"We just lived a terrible year," said Hollande, who paid homage to the victims of the terrorist attacks in January and November.
"These tragedies remain engraved in our memories. They will never fade, "said Hollande.
"But despite the tragedy, France did not give in. Despite the tears, we stood up. Faced with hatred, the country showed the strength of its values."
"2015 has been a year of suffering and resistance, let's make from 2016 a year of courage and hope," he said.