New Delhi, June 6: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Bangladesh on Saturday for a two-day tour. He was received at the airport by his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee reached Dhaka ahead of PM Modi's arrival. [Follow PM Modi's visit to Bangladesh]
Banerjee would witness the signing of documents on Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) that will be exchanged between the two countries after Modi meets Hasina on Saturday.
The long-pending Teesta water-sharing pact will not be signed during the Indian prime minister's visit, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said last month.
The Bangladeshi side was seeing Modi's visit with a lot of hope and curiosity. Here is what the media said about the Indian PM's visit to the neighbouring country:
- Prothom Alo: 'Dhakay Narendra Modi' [Modi is in Dhaka]
- Prothom Alo: 'Anek Ashar Safar' [A visit of great hope]
- Prothom Alo: 'Sholo Koti Manusher Moner Bhasha Porben Ki Modi? ' [Will Modi understand the mind of 16 crore people?]
- Dainik Ittefaq: 'Ki Barta Anben Modi?' [What message will Modi bring to Bangladesh?]
- Dainik Ittefaq: 'Dhakay Modi' [Modi in Dhaka]
- Kaler Kontho: 'Bhalobasha o Subheccha Niye Esechi: Banglay Modir tweet' [Have brought the well wish of India's people with me, Modi tweets in Bengali]
- BD News: 'Modir dekha pacchen Khaleda' [Modi to meet Khaleda Zia]
- The Daily Star: 'Change in the air'