Mumbai, Jul 15: Police filed an FIR against the unidentified person in the connection with chlorine gas leak accident in Mumbai Port Trust.
At least 103 people fell sick early on Wednesday, Jul 15 when they inhaled chlorine gas, which leaked from one of the imported cylinders in Bombay Port Trust's (BPT) Hay Bandar.
"We have registered an FIR against unidentified persons (in the gas leakage case) at Sewri police station and started probing the matter," said DCP Khalid Kaisar.
He also added, "when the cylinders were brought here to the Port Trust, who imported them and why they were lying since over ten decades will be among the various things the police would look into it."
The DCP said that the police did not blame the Port Trust responsible for the incident as the Port Trust had been guarding the cylinders, not had the authority of the cylinders.