Bangalore court hands over two terror operatives to police custody

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Bangalore, Dec 5 (ANI): The Bangalore court on Saturday sent the two accused of 2008 serial bomb blast to 15 days police custody.

Informing this Bangalore Police Commissioner Shankar Bidari said: The accused of 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blast were brought to the city last evening and were produced before the Magistrate. The court handed them to police custody till December 18."

"All the security agencies, may it be Karnataka Police, Kerala Police or Intelligence Bureau (IB), all are working to achieve a common goal. So as soon as our interrogation is over we will handover the accused to the other security agencies for the inquiry with the permission of the concerned court," he added.

"We will interrogate them for their role in the 2008 serial bomb blast and also question them about other incidents also," Bidari said.

He informed that both Nazeer and Shafaz are from the Kannur District of Kerala.

On Friday, the Meghalaya Police handed over the Lashkar -e -taiba (LeT) operative T. Nazeer alias Nazeer Parvan alias Umer Haji and his relative Safiquq alias Shafaz Samsuddin to the Bangalore police.

The IB officials arrested Nazeer and Shafaz from Umkrem near Dawki along the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya on Wednesday.

According to Meghalaya Police, Nazeer, (25), has admitted his involvement in the serial blasts that rocked Bangalore on July 25, 2008.

Meanwhile, it is also reported that during the interrogation by the central security agencies, Nazeer acknowledged of having plans to set up a regular terror training camp in Kodagu district of Karnataka.

Nazeer is also reportedly accepted of holding meetings with the cadres of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) in various places of Kodagu district.

Nazeer, who is said to be the key Lashkar operative of south India is also suspected for his involvement in the terror attack at the Bangalore-based Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in December, 2005, in which Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi Professor M.C. Puri, was killed.

Kerala police officials who were camping in Bangalore said they would seek the custody of both accused once their Karnataka counterparts completed the interrogation. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...