Ahmedabad victims died of drinking chemical not hooch: Police

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Aug 29(ANI): Ahmedabad Police on Saturday clarified that two people who died on Friday, died due to consumption of drinks having chemical content.

Police has dismissed assumption that they were victims of country-made liquor known as 'hooch', and said that the Forensic Science Laboratory report confirmed that they took a substance having chemicals.

"I don't know what they thought of it while drinking the substance. We don't want to defend them, but those two people who died and those who were admitted to hospital not because they drank poisonous alcohol but they consumed chemical," said Shabbir Hussain Khandwawala, Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat.

"I don't know whether they drank it thinking it was alcohol, it's a matter of investigation," he added.

Three others, who fell ill after consuming the drink, were being treated in a hospital. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...