Roadblock in Nepal over sacking Army chief
Kathmandu, May 30 (ANI): The work management advisory committee of the Nepal parliament today decided not to take the 'commitment proposal' registered by the Unified CPN (Maoist) to the parliament for discussion.
A meeting of the committee held at Constituent Assembly chairman Subash Nemwang's office, decided not to take the motion against the President's move to block the erstwhile government's decision to dismiss the army chief to the parliament as the motion had been registered without a national consensus.
21 out of 24 parties in the Constituent Assembly are against taking the proposal to the parliament.
The Maoists have said they would not allow the speaker to end the on going session of the parliament if the motion is not taken to the parliament for discussion.
Meanwhile, vice chairman of Madhesi Janadhikar Forum (MJF) J.P Gupta has accused the NC-UML combine of trying to split the MJF.
Talking to reporters here, Gupta said the decision of the Nepali Congress and UML leaderships to accept Bijaya Kumar Gachchhadar as the leader of the MJF team in the new cabinet was intended to create a rift in the party.
Gupta's reaction came after Gachchhadar, who is the party's parliamentary leader, handed over a letter to the Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal, informing that the parliamentary party had chosen him to lead the party in the government, Nepalnews reported. (ANI)