• search
For New-delhi Updates
Allow Notification  

Delhi: Tibetan electrocuted at guest house in Majnu ka Tila

By PTI
|

New Delhi, May 13: A 31-year-old Tibetan died after being electrocuted at a guest house in north Delhi's Majnu ka Tila area, police said on Monday.

The deceased, Dolkar, was a receptionist at a guest house here. He used to stay at nearby Aruna Nagar in Majnu Ka Tila area, they said.

Image for representation only

According to a senior police official, the incident occurred on Saturday night when Dolkar had gone to fill water in a cooler in one of the guest house room. He came in contact with an open wire of a cooler placed in one of the galleries and was electrocuted, he said.

Police were informed about the incident by other staffers. Dolkar was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, he added. He was working with the guest house for the last two years.

[Rising jumbo death sets alarm bell ringing in Odisha]

A case has been registered against the owner for negligence at the Timarpur police station. Further investigation is going on, police said.

PTI

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more