Islamabad, July 26: In his first address to Pakistan after getting massive lead, Imran Khan talked of several key issues facing the nation including poverty and health issues.
He also referred to the relations with China and India saying the country could follow China's example in many ways. He also said he was keen to fix ties with India.
Here are the highlights
- I thank Allah for the struggle of 22 years has brought to me this place and given me a chance to make Pakistan that I dreamt of"
- Allah had given me everything that I could have even done alright had I not entered politics.
- I want to work on the China example. China has brought 70 crore people out of poverty.
- We plan to set up a Medina-like welfare state in Pakistan, like governance system at the time of the Prophet.
- We have to lower cost of doing business, raise ease of doing business. We have to create opportunities for investment.
- I would not like to live in the prime ministe's house, may make it an educational institution. Badshah key tarah nahin rahenge (Will not live like a king).
- I am little disappointed by the way Indian media has portrayed me like a Bollywood villain.
- I really want to fix the India-Pakistan ties through dialogue.
- The main issue between us is Kashmir but blame game can't continue forever.
- If India moves one step forward, we will move two.
- 400 petitions on rigging were filed after previous polls. I had vouched for the issue to be addressed for clean polls this time. We would assist and help investigate claims of rigging.