Sridevi died from accidental drowning in bath tub, traces of alcohol found: Reports
The sudden death of iconic actor Sridevi on 24 February came as a shock to her fans around the globe. According to report by UAE's Gulf News which quoted forensic report said that the actress Sridevi died of accidental drowning in the bath tub of her hotel room. The report also showed traces of alcohol in her body. Under the influence of alcohol, Sridevi lost her balance, fell into the bathtub and drowned. Sridevi's body has been released for embalming, Gulf News further reported.
"The investigation is still going on to determine the circumstances surrounding the accident as the forensic report only says that she drowned," an official told Gulf News.
Following the release of the forensic report on Sridevi's death in Dubai, the case has been moved to public prosecution.
Khaleej Times quoted a source close to the family as saying that at around 5:30 pm, the two chatted for about 15 minutes before Sridevi went into the washroom. The source has been quoted as saying that when Kapoor knocked on the door to check on her, she did not respond. He then forced the bathroom door open and found her lying motionless in the bathtub full of water. He raised alarm after he failed to revive her.
However, Forensic doctors in Dubai had concluded that Sridevi died of a heart attack and added there is nothing suspicious about the way the superstar passed away.
Initial reports had suggested that she died due to cardiac arrest, while she was in Dubai to attend a family wedding. According to UAE-based daily Khaleej Times, the actor fainted in the washroom of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel and was rushed to the Rashid Hospital in Dubai.
Khaleej Times has categorically denied all reports of foul play in the death.