Yet another incident of food poisoning at wedding function, 40 fall ill in Rampur, UP
Forty people fell ill and had to rush to a health care centre consuming sweets served during a wedding ceremony in Rampur village under Bairia tehsil in Uttar Pradesh. The incident took place on Thursday (April 26) night. The members of the wedding party complained of vomiting and diarrhoea after eating sweets served to them, a police official said.
They were rushed to a community health centre and are stated to be out of danger now, a PTI report quoted police as saying.
This is the second major incident of people falling ill after consuming food at wedding function reported this month.
Earlier in April, 23 people were hospitalised due to food poisoning in Rajasthan's Bharatpur. These people fell ill after consuming food at a wedding function, said reports.
On April 6, as many as 25 students of Step by Step School in Noida fell ill due to suspected food poisoning and four of them had to be hospitalised. Twenty-five students fell ill after having a breakfast of ajwain parantha and lassi in the school canteen, said Sanjay Sharma, food inspector for Gautam Budh Nagar's food department.
In January, nearly 120 children were taken ill after eating a meal at a school and admitted to a hospital in Kerala.The children were from a lower primary school at Thonnakel in the district. The primary conclusion is that the students might have taken ill after consuming egg or curry which was served at the school. Though the children showed no signs of illness on that day, some of them complained of discomfort on next day morning. By evening, the students sought medical help at a private hospital at Vengode following fever, vomiting and stomach ache.
OneIndia News with PTI inputs