• search
For New-delhi Updates
Allow Notification  

Sunanda Pushkar's viscera report out! indicates drug overdose


Sunanda Pushkar
New Delhi, March 24: The Viscera report of Sunanda Tharoor (wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor), who died under mysterious circumstances in a five star hotel, is out.

However, it does not throw much light on the death, apart from the cause of the death due to drug overdose. A senior police official said,"The CFSL report has not been able to give much headway into the probe. It rules out poisoning and hints toward drug poisoning."

The Viscera tests failed to give out details of the nature of poisoning and the quantity used for the same. Officials have further added that investigators would be taking the help of AIIMS doctor who carried out the autopsy report on Sunanda's dead body.

Police have questioned her son, husband and brother who rule out foul play.

On January 21, a sub-divisional magistrate had directed an autopsy in Sunnada's case when it was found that the death was sudden and unnatural and that cause of the death was "poisoning". The SDM has also been informed about the test reports.

Sunanda was involved in a Twitter spat with Pakistani woman journalist Mehr Tarar who was reportedly having an affair with Shashi Tharoor. Just a day after that, she was found dead in a posh hotel room in South Delhi.

The autopsy report mentions over a dozen injury marks on both her hends and an abrasion on her cheek. It is suspected that a blunt force has been used.

Furthermore than a dozen injury marks on Sunanda's both hands and an abrasion on her cheek which suggests a "use of blunt force", besides a "deep teeth bite" on the edge of her left palm. The search and seizure memorandum of the police, which is part of the report, says that the drug mixture contained two drugs Alprazolam and Excedrin. Excedrin is a combination of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine while Alprazolam is an anxiolytic. Moreover there is a deep teeth mark on the edge of her palm.

The probe into the case was handed over to the Crime Branch on January 23. However, the case was sent back to the South District police two days later on January 25.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more