Reports on Doklam ‘inaccurate and mischievous': MEA
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday rubbished the media reports claiming that China has almost completely taken control of the northern side of Doklam.
According to NDTV, a massive, full-fledged Chinese military complex is being built within Doklam as per new satellite images.
"Our attention has been drawn to some reports that question the accuracy of the position stated by the Government in respect to the situation in Doklam. Subsequently, in response to repeated questions about any change in the status quo at the face-off site, Government had stated that there was no basis for such imputations," Raveesh Kumar, the official spokesperson of the MEA, said in a statement.
"Government would once again reiterate that the status quo at the face-off site has not been altered. Any suggestion to the contrary is inaccurate and mischievous," he added.
Last year, India and China were involved in a standoff near the tri-border junction at Doklam in the Sikkim region beginning from June 16 to August 28.
The clearest-ever satellite images available so far indicate a Chinese buildup within the region that Bhutan claims as its own, added NDTV report.
In fact, on Wednesday, Army chief General Bipin Rawat said that a number of Chinese troops are still present at Doklam.