Ranchi, Dec 28: Veteran BJP leader Raghubar Das Sunday took oath as Jharkhand's 10th chief minister, the first non-tribal to occupy the post.
Here are a few things you should know about the new Jharkhand CM:
- Raghubar Das is a BJP MLA from Jamshedpur East.
- 59-year-old Das will be the first non-tribal chief minister of Jharkhand and sixth chief minister of the state since its creation in 2000.
- Coming from a family of a labourer, Das recieved elementary education from Bhalubasa Harijan School.
- After Arjun Munda, Das will be the second student from Bhalubasa Harijan School to occupy the chair of a Chief Minister.
- At present he is also the national vice president of the BJP in Jharkhand.
- Das has also held the office of Deputy Chief Minister of Jharkhand from Dec 30, 2009 to May 29, 2010.
- Das was also the Urban Development Minister during the NDA government in the state.
- A four-time BJP MLA from Jamshedpur East since 1995. He is a former employee with Tata Steel, Jamshedpur. He is likely to take oath by Dec 28.
- While filing his nomination papers to the Election Commission Das had declared assets worth Rs 21 lakh.