No info on Indians killed in MOAB strike: MEA
The Ministry of External Affairs on Thursday did not confirm the death of any Indians in United States' 'Mother of all bombs' strike in Afghanistan, saying that they have no info on it.
The bomb - officially called the GBU-43B Massive Ordnance Air Blast - targeted caves and hideouts of the IS in Afghanistan's Nangarhar, region on April 12. A total of 96 IS militants were killed in the bomb attack.
When asked about the reports surfacing that Indian IS recruits were killed in the attack, MEA spokesperson Gopal Baglay told the media, "We have seen different media reports, but we have no information officially."
The National Investigation Agency which is probing the case is in touch with officials in Afghanistan to get a clear picture. A National Investigation Agency official told OneIndia that the exact death toll is not known as yet, but reports emerging suggested that at least 13 were dead.
Last year, 21 people from Kerala had left for Afghanistan via Iran to live in the IS-controlled territory.
On April 14, there were a lot of exchanges between some on the messaging application telegram confirming to relatives that some Keralites who had joined the IS had, in fact, died in the bombing.