- Technology Huawei P30 Series First Impressions: Industry-leading zoom and low-light camera performance
- Movies Sonakshi Sinha On Body Shaming: People Talk About Me Even Though I Lost 30 Kgs To Do Dabangg
- Sports IPL 2019: DC Vs CSK: Match Highlights: Bravo, Watson burst helps Chennai Super Kings see off Delhi Capitals
- Automobiles Hyundai QXi Compact SUV India Debut Date Revealed — Will The Brezza Rival Arrive Early?
- Travel Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- Finance RBI Imposes Rs 2 Crore Penalty On PNB For Non-Compliance Of SWIFT Norms
- Lifestyle He Stripped Naked While Boarding The Flight As He Wanted To Feel More 'Aerodynamic'
- Education LIC AAO Admit Card 2019: Important Details To Check Prior To Release
My Son Has A Rare Disease And We Need Your Help To Treat Him
Seeing my child's life swinging between survival and death petrifies me. My son has been afflicted with something we've never heard of. Everything that has been told to us about the rare disorder scares us to the core. He cries in pain, and we cry for his denigrating life. Chinmayi Sai Durga Mahesh, my 3-year-old son, has a rare life-threatening disorder called Griscelli syndrome with Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Griscelli syndrome is partial albinism with immunodeficiency, and Primary HLH is a condition where the cells of the immune system called T and NK cells (cells that fight infections) do not function properly. An Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant is the only way out, but the estimated cost is about Rs. 12 Lakh (USD 16,548) and we cannot afford it.
I am Shivarani, the mother of Sai Durga. We come from Ongole in Andhra, and my husband is a farmer. His daily wage is Rs. 300 (USD 5). A year ago, my son suffered from a severe fever. We took him to various hospitals in Gudur and Ongole, and it was in Chennai that he was diagnosed with this uncommon condition. Since then, we've been travelling back and forth from Andhra to Chennai for the injections. Fortunately, there was a 10/10 match for bone marrow transplant with his elder sibling and my daughter, Rukmani; we are praying relentlessly for his cure. All this has had an effect on my son's behaviour; from being playful and joyous, he's become dull and cranky.
With such a meagre income, we have nowhere to go to get the money. Since we'd been consulting a doctor in a government hospital, we did not have much to pay except for the travel. We are in a depressing state; Rs. 12 Lakh (USD 16,548) is out of our league, and we are absolutely clueless. His chances of survival would become very bleak if we don't get him treated now.
We have no other option other than requesting for your help. Our child is in pain and we have no other option than asking for your help.
Chinmayi Sai Durga Mahesh is like any other child. He deserves a happy and healthy life. Let's join hands to give him that. Any contribution from your end can make a huge difference in the child's life.
Need Money? Ketto provides you a platform to raise funds in the quickest and the easiest way for any social cause. Be it for a personal need, a social cause or a creative idea - you can count on us for every project. To do so, a dedicated team is at your disposal to help you follow the simple steps towards initiating your successful Crowdfunding campaign. That's how we try to make the world a better and a happier place to live in. Click Here to know more!