- 2 days ago Exit Poll 2019: Khattar stands tall amid Congress-INLD ruins; BJP set to retain power in Haryana
- 2 days ago Sonia addressed 0 rallies, Rahul, 7: Did Congress give up before the first vote was polled
- 2 days ago Maharashtra Exit Polls 2019: Big win for BJP-Shiv Sena bonhomie in Maratha land
- 1 hr ago DK Shivakumar released from Tihar jail after being granted bail in money laundering case
- 1 hr ago Centre approves proposal to give relief to 50 lakh residents of 1797 unauthorised Delhi colonies
- 2 hrs ago Pak pop singer posts photo wearing suicide jacket, threatens Modi over J&K issue; gets trolled
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Automobiles Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
My Son Has A Rare Disease And We Need Your Help To Treat Him
Seeing my child's life swinging between survival and death petrifies me. My son has been afflicted with something we've never heard of. Everything that has been told to us about the rare disorder scares us to the core. He cries in pain, and we cry for his denigrating life. Chinmayi Sai Durga Mahesh, my 3-year-old son, has a rare life-threatening disorder called Griscelli syndrome with Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Griscelli syndrome is partial albinism with immunodeficiency, and Primary HLH is a condition where the cells of the immune system called T and NK cells (cells that fight infections) do not function properly. An Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant is the only way out, but the estimated cost is about Rs. 12 Lakh (USD 16,548) and we cannot afford it.
I am Shivarani, the mother of Sai Durga. We come from Ongole in Andhra, and my husband is a farmer. His daily wage is Rs. 300 (USD 5). A year ago, my son suffered from a severe fever. We took him to various hospitals in Gudur and Ongole, and it was in Chennai that he was diagnosed with this uncommon condition. Since then, we've been travelling back and forth from Andhra to Chennai for the injections. Fortunately, there was a 10/10 match for bone marrow transplant with his elder sibling and my daughter, Rukmani; we are praying relentlessly for his cure. All this has had an effect on my son's behaviour; from being playful and joyous, he's become dull and cranky.
With such a meagre income, we have nowhere to go to get the money. Since we'd been consulting a doctor in a government hospital, we did not have much to pay except for the travel. We are in a depressing state; Rs. 12 Lakh (USD 16,548) is out of our league, and we are absolutely clueless. His chances of survival would become very bleak if we don't get him treated now.
We have no other option other than requesting for your help. Our child is in pain and we have no other option than asking for your help.
Chinmayi Sai Durga Mahesh is like any other child. He deserves a happy and healthy life. Let's join hands to give him that. Any contribution from your end can make a huge difference in the child's life.
Need Money? Ketto provides you a platform to raise funds in the quickest and the easiest way for any social cause. Be it for a personal need, a social cause or a creative idea - you can count on us for every project. To do so, a dedicated team is at your disposal to help you follow the simple steps towards initiating your successful Crowdfunding campaign. That's how we try to make the world a better and a happier place to live in. Click Here to know more!