Modi Cabinet reshuffle: Here is how it is likely to look like
The big Modi Cabinet reshuffle will take place on Sunday. There are wild speculations all over as to who would make the cut and who would be cut off. Speculations are rife about major changes in the Cabinet which is likely to be the last ahead of the 2019 polls.
Since Thursday at least 8 ministers including Uma Bharti, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Sanjeev Balyan, Faggan Singh Kulaste, Kalraj Mishra and Bandaru Dattareya have resigned.
The entire exercise is being undertaken on the basis of performance, sources in the BJP tell OneIndia. We spoke to several people about what the possibilities could be.
Here is the likely outcome of the Cabinet reshuffle.
- Arun Jaitley to stay on as Finance Minister
- Suresh Prabhu likely to get Defence
- Manoj Sinha to be elevated
- Sadanand Gowda likely to be dropped
- Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan to be promoted
- Ravi Shankar Prasad likely to get new portfolio
- Two new faces from Karnataka to be inducted
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh likely to be dropped
- Two from JD(U) to join ministry
- No AIADMK in Cabinet or government for now