• search
For New-delhi Updates
Allow Notification  

Coronavirus Scare: Two new cases confirmed in Delhi and Telangana

|

New Delhi, Mar 02: The health ministry has confirmed two new cases of Coronavirus in India. One positive case has been reported from New Delhi and the other from Telangana. Officials said that both the patients are stable and being closely monitored.

Coronavirus Scare: Two new cases confirmed in Delhi and Telangana

The person from Delhi had travelled to Italy, it said adding he is being diagnosed at RML hospital. The other person with the coronavirus infection has a travel history to Dubai, the ministry added. "Both the patients are stable and being closely monitored," the ministry said. Italy is reeling under swelling cases of the coronavirus infection.

Addressing a press briefing, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan confirmed, "Two positive cases of coronavirus have been reported in Delhi and Telangana. Their travel history is from Italy and Dubai. The total number of positive cases in India till now is 5."

"Under the travel advisory, existing visas including e-visas will remain suspended for China and Iran. As the situation develops, the travel restrictions may be further extended to other countries also," he also said.

China has reported 42 new fatalities from the novel coronavirus outbreak, taking the death toll in the country to 2,912, Chinese health officials said on Monday, as the rapid spread of the epidemic wreaks havoc globally causing over 3,000 deaths and infecting more than 88,000 people.

The deadly virus that first emerged in China in December last year has spread to more than 70 countries and has infected more than 88,000 people, including over 80,000 in China.

Coronavirus death toll climbs to 2,835Coronavirus death toll climbs to 2,835

China's National Health Commission (NHC) said on Sunday it received reports of 202 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on Sunday, taking the total number of cases in the mainland to 80,026.

The new cases are the lowest since January 22 when Beijing initiated emergency measures, including placing the worst-hit Wuhan city and 17 other cities with over 50 million people under lockdown. Forty-two deaths were reported on Sunday in the virus-hit Hubei Province and its capital Wuhan, the NHC said in its daily report.

The overall cases included 2,912 people, died of the disease, 32,652 patients who were still being treated and 44,462 patients discharged after recovery, it said. The commission said that 715 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
X