New Delhi, May 12: Six suspected terror operatives, alleged to have links with ISIS, were sent to judicial custody on Thursday, May 12 by a special court after NIA submitted that they were not required for custodial interrogation in the case.
According to sources, during an in-camera proceeding, District Judge Amarnath sent accused Mohd Azeemusan, Mohd Osama, Akhlaq ur-Rehman, Meeraj and Mohsin Ibrahim Sayyed to judicial custody till June 10 after they were produced before the court on expiry of three-day NIA custody.
The sixth accused, Mohd Mustaq Seikh, was sent to judicial custody till May 19 when his 90-day custody period, since his arrest, will expire. The six accused were arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in the case for allegedly having links with ISIS. The Home Ministry had later transferred the case to NIA.
The NIA had taken custody of the accused, who were in judicial custody earlier, on the ground that the probe in the matter was at a crucial stage and they were needed to be confronted with other accused arrested in connection with another terror case.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had told the court that their custody was required in order to unearth larger conspiracy of ISIS. It had earlier told the court that during the custodial probe conducted by the Delhi Police, certain names, codes and mobile numbers of some active members and motivator of ISIS, were disclosed by them.
These members were involved in furtherance of activities of their ideologies using Internet-based communications like Facebook, Skype and other platforms to lure youths in joining the proscribed terrorist organisation, it had claimed.
The Special Cell had registered the FIR in January under the sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC. Later the case was transferred to the NIA and a fresh FIR was registered.