However, the fire was taken under control within ten minutes as it was a minor fire accident, said police sources.
The accident took place at the departure lounge of Bengaluru International Airport. Police sources said that some welding work was going on at the lounge when sparks from the welding rod fell on highly inflammable thinner kept in cans near the work spot.
The workers, associated with Bengaluru International Airport (BIA), however, doused the fire with efficiency.
Here it can be recalled that similar kind of incident took place in Chennai airport when short circuit caused the fire which engulfed the hangar at the airport.