London, Mar.21 (ANI): More Muslim women than ever are in leading positions in British society.
There are more than 100,000 Muslim women currently working in Britain, yet many feel misunderstood and misrepresented. Britain's first Muslim Women Power List aims to change all that. Following are the 13 most powerful Muslim women in the United Kingdom.
1. Farmida Bi, 41, partner, International Securities Group, Norton Rose
2. Mishal Husain, 36, presenter, BBC One and BBC World News
3. Sabina Iqbal, 33, chair/founder Deaf Parenting UK
4. Imtaz Khaliq, 44, bespoke tailor
5. Baroness Warsi, 37, Shadow Minister for Community Cohesion and Social Action
6. Professor Farida Fortune, in her forties, dean of dentistry and professor of medicine in
7. Bushra Nasir, 56, first Muslim state-school head teacher
8. Dr G|lnur Aybet, 44, lecturer in international relations, political scientist and principal investigator of a British Academy project on Nato and EU state-building in Bosnia
9. Mehmuda Mian, 46, BBC trustee, qualified solicitor and commissioner of the Independent Police Complaints Commission
10. Salma Yaqoob, 37, leader of the Respect political party and elected member of Birmingham City Council
11. Rimla Akhtar, 26, chairwoman of the Muslim Women's Sport Foundation
12. Zahida Manzoor CBE, 50, legal services complaints commissioner and legal services ombudsman for England and Wales
13. Dr Reefat Drabu Various chairs/committee work within Muslim Council of Britain (ANI)