Kakinada, Oct 23 (UNI) A six-month-old boy was charred to death, while four others of his family suffered burn injuries, when the crackers stored in their shop at Gopalapuram village in East Godavari district caught fire late last night.
Police said the deceased was identified as Deepak, grandson of shopowner Kankatala Venkatrao. The injured Venkatrao, his wife, son and daughter-in-law were admitted to a nearby hospital. The condition of two of them was said to be serious.
Fire tenders were pressed into service, which brought the flames under control in two hours.
UNI XR VA RJ BD1810