Islamabad, Sep 24 (UNI) Twelve suspected terrorists have been indicted for planning to carry out suicide attacks on former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf and other important personalities in the country.
However, the accused pleaded not guilty.
Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC-II) Judge Sakhi Mohammad Kahot yesterday charged them with terrorism, criminal conspiracy and keeping explosive materials unlawfully but the accused said the charges against them were not true, Dawn newspaper said.
The court put off the hearing till October 7 for recording the evidences in the main case and reserved its decision in a petition filed by three accused Mohammad Zameer, Mohammad Tauqir and Mohammad Sajjad.
In their petition, they had sought court intervention alleging they were implicated in the case as the investigation officers were not recording their statements.
Security agencies arrested them on June 1, 2008 from Sadiqabad and seized three vehicles with over 1,000kg explosives.
On a tip-off, police cordoned off an area in Dhoke Kala Khan, along with other security agencies and carried out a pre-dawn search and seized the vehicles and arrested six men. Other arrests were made on the information obtained from the arrested persons.
Police also submitted the chargesheet against six men allegedly involved in a suicide attack on the official bus of an intelligence agency outside Hamza Camp in Rawalpindi on November 24 last year.
UNI XC RJ KP1125