Baghpat, Feb 1 (UNI) Driven by abject poverty, five members of a family consumed poison in Chaprauli area of Uttar Pradesh today.
Of the quintet, two succumbed, while others were still battling for life at Teg Bahadur hospital in New Delhi, police said.
The incident took place at village Jagas, where Manoj Kashyap and his wife Arti (27) consumed poison after giving it to their children Sagar (4), Bhavna (6) and two-year-old Gaurav.
While Manoj died on way to hospital, Arti succumbed during the course of treatment.
Investigations were underway.
UNI ATI SP HT1925