Lionel Messi Shares Video Message For Fans Anguished After He Missed Hong Kong Game
Star footballer Lionel Messi, who is loved by fans across the globe, issued a statement after football lovers criticized him for missing a match in Hong Kong. Messi shared a video message using China's social media platform, Weibo, for fans upset due to his absence. Argentine said that he missed the match because of a prompted injury.
Messi said "I would not have traveled" to Hong Kong in the first place. "As everyone knows, I always want to play and be in every game," he said.

Messi was accused of missing the game for political reasons, however, the 36-year-old star rejected the rumors saying if that had been the case, he wouldn't have travelled to China.
Messi missed out on the match between Inter Miami and Hong Kong XI on February 4. The eight-time Ballon d'Or winner was present at the stadium throughout the game but did not step on the field resulting in booing and criticism.
🚨 Lionel Messis explanation to Chinese people on his absence in the friendly game 🇨🇳
— All About Argentina 🛎🇦🇷 (@AlbicelesteTalk) February 19, 2024
pic.twitter.com/wLbM5G6FwG
A few fans also demanded a refund from the organizers as they had shelled to watch their favorite star playing and hitting the nets. After Messi missed out on playing, unhappy sports bosses had two more friendly matches, which were supposed to showcase arguably the world's best footballer.
In his video message, Messi said that he has a massive fan following in China and he has "very nice and very close" relations with the people of China. He added that China has contributed a lot, including hosting matches and events. He reiterated that the sole reason for not playing was "inflammation of an adductor" muscle.












Click it and Unblock the Notifications