Kejriwal begins fight for Arunachal Pradesh student killed in Delhi

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News
New Delhi, Feb 2: A day after his tragic death in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday, Feb 1 met Nido Taniam's friends assuring complete support for them.

Posting a photo of his meeting with students from North-East India, Kejriwal wrote on Facebook, "Met with North East Students Delegation regarding the tragic death of Nido Taniam and assured them of all support from Delhi government in the fight for justice."

"There is no place for elements trying to spread hatred against people and our government will adopt a zero tolerance policy towards such unacceptable behavior since people residing here from all parts of the country and those belonging to other countries are pride of Delhi," added the CM.

Our govt will adopt a zero tolerance policy towards such unacceptable behaviour

Earlier on Saturday, students from Arunachal Pradesh and other parts of North-East India called off their protest at Lajpat Nagar. Close to 1000 students took to the streets protesting the racial attack and murder of a youth Nido Taniam.

They met the Joint CP and DCP South of Delhi Police and submitted a memorandum listing three demands, which included the suspension of the police involved and arresting the accused. Following this, the police assured fast and speedy action in the case.

They further said that the viscera report will be ready within a week and they will take the necessary action immediately after that.

"Delhi Police will do everything legally doable. Viscera report will be ready within a week. Three people have been detained. The SC/ST act has also been added to the FIR," said Robin Hibbu, the joint CP of Delhi Police.

Testifying of the event, the police said that they received a call at 1:55 pm, which had resolved by the time the police reached the spot as Nido had already paid Rs 7,000 for the glass window he had broken.

They further helped him speak to his mother in Arunachal Pradesh and got him in touch with his local guardians. He was reportedly fine after this when he left for home. The police denies completely that they had dropped Nido back at the same sweet shop, as is friends allege. As per them, he was handed over to his uncle.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...