Government backtracks as J&K separatists raise "Go India Go Back" slogans
New Delhi, Sept 8: While on one hand the all party delegation led by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh says that it is open to talks with all stake holders in the Valley, on the other hand, separatists in Kashmir have issued a fresh calendar of protests.
The header of the calendar issued by the separatists says that the shutdown in the Valley has been extended until Sept 16.
Starting Sept 9, the Joint Hurriyat Conference has called for a shutdown in the Valley until Sept 16. It has also said that there would be a march to the office of the United Nations Military Observors Group in India and Pakistan at Sonwar, Srinagar.
Further it has also called for protests and asked supporters to carry placards which read, "Go India Go Back."
Government backtracks, separatists up the ante
The government of India was firm on its decision to stop perks being handed out to the separatists. It was keen on downgrading security, curbing travel and other facilities which the government was paying for.
A day before the the all party delegation meet, reporters were told that the government was contemplating on putting a stop to all the perks doled out to the separatists.
However, when members of the opposition raised this issue at the meet held on Wednesday, Rajnath Singh said that the issue had been misinterpreted. At the end of the meet, it was decided that talks will be held with all stakeholders.
While on one hand the Joint Hurriyat has issued a fresh calendar of events, on the other hand, separatist S A S Geelani says that their stand is clear. The gravity of the Kashmir issue needs to be analysed and agreed upon. People have met, had photoshoot, then a cup of tea for so many decades but our bloodshed did not stop, he also said.