New Delhi, July 11: Around 30 children of a government school in Delhi's Narela locality fell ill on Wednesday after they consuming mid-day meal, said reports.
A case has reportedly been registered and the sample of the food has been seized. The sample would be sent for testing.
On March 16, over 40 students were admitted to a hospital in Uttar Pradesh's Etah due to food poisoning after consuming mid-day meal. The students were of Etah's Kasturba Gandhi School.
Last year in August, Around fifteen children fell ill after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Uttar Pradesh's Sitapur district. In the same month, nearly 220 children fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal of "poori" and "sabzi" served at four primary schools in Pahla development block of Sitapur district.
In April last year, Sixty students of a primary school at Chenga in Assam's Barpeta district fell ill after eating their mid-day meal.
Students falling ill after consuming mid-day meal keeps making headlines on a fairly routine basis, but children at a government school in Faridabad, Haryana, were in for a shock when they found a small snake their food in May 2017.