• search
For Mysore Updates
Allow Notification  

Mandya: Toddler swallows pressure cooker whistle, dies of asphyxiation


Mandya, July 2: In a heart-wrenching incident, a one-and-a-half years old baby died on Saturday due to asphyxiation after he swallowed a pressure cooker whistle at Nagarakere village in Maddur taluk of Mandya.

Mandya: Toddler swallows pressure cooker whistle, dies of asphyxiation

The baby has been identified as Bhuvan. The incident happened at around 8 pm when Bhuvan who was hungry crawled near the cooker and swallowed the whistle. The toddler's grandmother who saw the kid swallowing the object tried to remove it from his mouth. But it went further deep.

The toddler was immediately rushed to a doctor in Madduru who was able to remove the whistle from his food pipe. But the toddler developed breathing issues and the doctor advised the family to rush the kid to either Mandya or Mysuru for further treatment. On the way to Mandya, the toddler breathed his last.

Meanwhile, the police said that no complaint has been registered in the case.

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more