Ashram school boy dies of snake bite

Posted By: PTI
Subscribe to Oneindia News
Ashram school boy dies of snake bite
Thane, Mar 25: A 10-year old boy from a government Ashram School in tribal Sahapur region died after being bitten by a venomous snake, Kasara police said on Tuesday.

The boy, Gurunath Hari Are, a Class IV student died in the morning yesterday after he complained of severe pain in the stomach and suddenly collapsed.

Hari, hailing from Susarwadi, gave his scholarship exams on Sunday and returned home from Washala walking ten kilometres and fainted that evening, police said.

Yesterday, when he collapsed he was immediately rushed to a PHC in Kasara, where doctors declared him brought dead.

The Kasara police said that as per preliminary reports, the boy died of snake bite.

API Pradeep Kasbe of the police station told PTI that a case of accidental death has been registered and the body of the boy was sent to Sahapur hospital for postmortem.


Please Wait while comments are loading...