Jhalmuri Vendor Who Served PM Modi Claims Death And Bomb Threats, Gets Police Protection
A jhalmuri vendor from West Bengal who recently came into the spotlight after serving snacks to Prime Minister Narendra Modi has claimed that he received death and bomb threats following the incident.

AI-generated summary, reviewed by editors
The vendor, identified as Vikram Sao, said he has already informed the police about the threats and has now been provided security for protection.
The matter has triggered political reactions in the state and sparked discussions online.
Vendor Claims He Received Threatening Calls
Speaking to ANI, Vikram Sao said he received a threatening phone call after gaining public attention for serving jhalmuri to Prime Minister Modi during an election campaign event in West Bengal.
#WATCH | On Jhargram vendor who served jhalmuri to PM Modi receiving threats over WhatsApp, West Bengal Minister Dilip Ghosh says, "...A few people cause tension in India by doing such things. That time is now gone. It is our Government now. Everything will be responded to… pic.twitter.com/izis5s2Apo
— ANI (@ANI) May 23, 2026
According to Sao, the threats were serious enough for him to approach the police.
He stated that after filing a complaint, local authorities provided him with police security for his safety.
The vendor did not publicly reveal the identity of the caller or provide details about the exact content of the threats.
Why The Vendor Became Popular
Vikram Sao had gone viral after Prime Minister Narendra Modi reportedly stopped to have jhalmuri during a political rally in Krishnanagar in April.
The interaction quickly attracted attention on social media, with photos and videos of the vendor spreading widely online.
Soon after the incident, Sao reportedly became locally famous, with many people visiting his stall. The unexpected popularity turned him into a widely recognised face in the region.
Threats Allegedly Sent Through WhatsApp
According to reports, some of the threats were allegedly sent through WhatsApp messages after the vendor's interaction with the Prime Minister became widely discussed online.
Police officials have not yet publicly shared details about the investigation or confirmed who may be responsible for the messages.
Security agencies are expected to examine call records and digital evidence linked to the complaint.
Political Reactions Surface
The issue also drew political reactions from leaders in West Bengal.
Dilip Ghosh reacted to the reports and said attempts to create tension in the country through such incidents would be dealt with firmly.
Speaking to reporters, Ghosh stated that people trying to disturb peace through threats would receive a strong response.
His comments added a political angle to the issue, especially as the matter emerged during a politically sensitive period in the state.
Ghosh Also Targets Mamata Banerjee
During his interaction with reporters, Dilip Ghosh also criticised Mamata Banerjee over meetings reportedly being organised by the ruling party regarding protests against "bulldozer culture."
Ghosh claimed that such meetings would have been more meaningful if they had been conducted earlier while addressing public issues during the government's tenure.
He alleged that the administration had failed to understand people's suffering at the right time.
Police Investigation Expected To Continue
Authorities are now expected to continue investigating the threat calls received by Vikram Sao. Meanwhile, the vendor says he remains concerned for his safety despite receiving police protection.
The case has once again highlighted how ordinary individuals can suddenly come under public attention and controversy after viral political moments on social media.












Click it and Unblock the Notifications