White House Shooter Identified As Maryland Man Who Claimed He Was ‘Modern-Day Jesus Christ’
A 21-year-old Maryland man who opened fire at a Secret Service checkpoint near the White House early Sunday has been identified as Nasire Best, officials confirmed. The suspect was shot by Secret Service personnel after allegedly firing at officers and later died on the way to the hospital.

AI-generated summary, reviewed by editors
Authorities are still investigating the motive behind the attack, which also left a bystander injured near one of the most heavily secured locations in the United States.
Suspect Had Prior Encounters With Security Officials
According to reports, Nasire Best had previously come to the attention of security officials and was allegedly considered "mentally troubled". The New York Post reported that he had been seen loitering around several security entry points and had violated a court order directing him to stay away from the White House area.
Court and law enforcement records cited in the report reveal that on June 26, 2025, Best was involuntarily committed after allegedly obstructing vehicular traffic on 15th Street. Less than two weeks later, on July 10, he was arrested again after bypassing a restricted White House pedestrian checkpoint by walking through an exit turnstile lane.
During that detention, Best reportedly claimed he believed he was the modern-day incarnation of Jesus Christ. Officials also said he told them he "wanted" to get arrested.
Shooting Near White House Sparks Heavy Security Response
The incident unfolded around 5 am IST when Best allegedly pulled a firearm from his bag and began shooting at a Secret Service security checkpoint near the White House.
Officers immediately returned fire, striking the suspect. Authorities later confirmed that Best was transported to a hospital, where he was declared dead.
A bystander was also hit during the exchange of gunfire. However, officials said investigators are still trying to determine whether the person was struck by bullets fired by the suspect or by return fire from law enforcement officers.
Donald Trump Inside White House During Attack
US President Donald Trump was reportedly inside the White House complex when the shooting occurred. Officials later stated that the president was "not impacted" by the incident.
In the aftermath of the shooting, authorities sealed off parts of the area with yellow crime scene tape while dozens of police and federal officers responded to the scene.
The Metropolitan Police Department also urged residents and visitors to stay away from the area through a post on X as the investigation continued.
Incident Comes Weeks After Attempted Assassination Scare
The shooting near the White House comes less than a month after an attempted assassination scare involving President Trump during the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner at a Washington hotel.
The latest incident is expected to raise fresh concerns over security threats in Washington and the growing challenges faced by federal agencies in dealing with individuals with repeated encounters around high-security government locations.












Click it and Unblock the Notifications