Trump Weighs New Military Action Against Iran Amid Failing Peace Negotiations
Donald Trump is reportedly considering launching fresh military strikes against Iran if ongoing diplomatic negotiations fail to produce a peace agreement, according to a report by Axios.

AI-generated summary, reviewed by editors
The report said Trump held a high-level meeting with senior national security officials at the White House on Friday as tensions between Washington and Tehran continued to rise.
The developments come at a sensitive moment, with last-minute diplomatic efforts involving Pakistan and Qatar attempting to prevent further escalation in the region.
Trump Holds Security Meeting At White House
According to Axios, Trump met senior members of his national security team on Friday morning to discuss the ongoing situation involving Iran.
The meeting reportedly included:
- Vice President J. D. Vance
- Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth
- CIA Director John Ratcliffe
- White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles
Sources quoted in the report claimed Trump is now seriously considering additional strikes if negotiations collapse.
Iran Accuses US Of 'Excessive Demands'
Meanwhile, Iranian media reported that Tehran has accused the United States of making "excessive demands" during negotiations.
Officials in Iran are currently reviewing the latest peace proposal as diplomatic talks continue behind closed doors.
Despite ongoing discussions, sources familiar with the negotiations reportedly described the process as "agonising," with draft agreements repeatedly being revised without major breakthroughs.
Pakistan And Qatar Push For Last-Minute Deal
Diplomatic activity intensified after Asim Munir travelled to Tehran as part of mediation efforts. Reports said he was joined by a delegation from Qatar in an attempt to help both countries move toward a possible agreement.
Munir is expected to hold talks with Ahmad Vahidi, a senior commander in Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps who is believed to play an important role in Iranian decision-making.
Pakistan has recently been involved in diplomatic efforts aimed at reducing tensions between Washington and Tehran.
Trump Cancels Personal Plans Amid Crisis
The Axios report also claimed that Trump cancelled plans to spend the weekend at his Bedminster Golf Club in New Jersey due to the ongoing crisis.
He reportedly decided to remain in Washington, D.C. as discussions entered a critical phase.
Trump also announced on his Truth Social platform that he would not attend his son Donald Trump Jr.'s wedding because of what he described as important government circumstances.
According to reports, the decision further increased speculation that the administration is preparing for possible major action.
Trump Says Iran 'Cannot Have Nuclear Weapon'
During a White House event on Friday, Trump repeated his strong stance on Iran's nuclear program. He stated that Iran "cannot have a nuclear weapon" and defended earlier military action against Tehran.
Trump also suggested that the United States had "no choice" but to take tough action against Iran.
At the same time, Marco Rubio said there had been "slight progress" in negotiations, though he warned against expecting major breakthroughs too quickly.
Reports Suggest Trump Growing Frustrated
Sources quoted by Axios claimed Trump has become increasingly frustrated with the slow pace of negotiations over the past several days.
According to the report, Trump had earlier informed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that he wanted to continue diplomatic efforts.
However, by Thursday night, he was reportedly leaning more toward military action if negotiations failed.
One source claimed Trump had discussed the possibility of a final "decisive" military operation after which he could declare victory and end the conflict.
World Watching Closely As Tensions Rise
The ongoing situation has drawn global attention because any direct military escalation between the United States and Iran could significantly impact the Middle East and global security.
Concerns remain high over regional stability, oil supply routes and the possibility of a wider conflict involving multiple countries.
For now, diplomatic talks are continuing, but uncertainty remains over whether negotiations will succeed before tensions escalate further.












Click it and Unblock the Notifications