Bangkok, July 8: Four boys out of the 13 people trapped inside a cave in Thailand have been rescued so far, said reports. Four rescued boys have been admitted to a hospital.
Efforts to bring the remaining eight boys and their adult coach to the surface will resume on Monday morning, said a Reuters report. There are 90 divers, including 50 from abroad, involved in the operation.
The first of the six boys emerged approximately nine hours after a team of 13 international cave diving experts and five Thai Navy SEALs entered the cave.
Officials said the level of preparedness of the rescue workers was at its peak and they were aiming to bring out the boys before the elements intervene again to make it challenging. Water levels inside the cave have dropped significantly and officials said the stranded team could be brought out walking.
The boys, aged between 11 and 16, went missing with their 25-year-old coach on June 23. They had gone out on an adventure to explore the cave complex near the border with Myanmar.
The team entered into the cave on June 23 and went missing as they got trapped inside because of sudden rain and the subsequent flooding. They were located by British divers on July 2 and since then, international help has poured in to rescue them against all odds.
On July 6, a former military diver died after running out of oxygen while assisting in the rescue of 13 people trapped inside a cave. The diver, identified as Saman Kunont, was coming back from a spot inside the Tham Luang cave.