The toll from the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit Ecuador last week, has climbed to 587 over the weekend, including 27 foreigners, the government has said.
Thursday's report said 539 of the victims were identified and claimed by their families, while the identities of 48 bodies were still being investigated, Xinhua news agency reported.
Read More: Ecuador earthquake: Death toll rises to 587
Relief efforts and materials are urgently needed. By Thursday afternoon, a campaign launched by Ecuador's National Assembly had already gathered $377,197, according to a parliament statement.