• search
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

iPhone battery explodes after a man bites it

By Vikas

Things can go horribly wrong if electronic items are handled the way they are supposed to be. A man from China learned it the hard way as the battery of an iPhone exploded the moment he sunk his teeth into it to check its quality.

Representational Image

The video of the battery battery exploding on the man's face went viral on the internet. In the video, it can be seen that a man walks in to an electronics store, apparently to buy a battery for his iPhone. Once he gets the battery, he tries to check its authenticity by biting into it. The battery exploded in his face and he quickly throws it away. Luckily no one was injured in the incident, said reports.

Smartphones generally use Lithium ion batteries. A lithium-ion battery or Li-ion battery is a type of rechargeable battery in which lithium ions move from the negative electrode to the positive electrode during discharge and back when charging.

Lithium-ion batteries pose unique safety hazards since they contain a flammable electrolyte and may be kept pressurized.

That is the reason Lithium ion batteries always have instructions printed on them that great care should be taken while disposing them. Exposure to high temparatures or pressure can cause them to explode.

OneIndia News

For Daily Alerts
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more