Bizarre: Man dies after restaurant serves liquid detergent by mistake

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Madrid, June 18: Eating out in restaurants seems like a threat to life now. Just days after a customer was allegedly served rat in KFC [KFC Shocker: Instead of Chicken, customer served with fried Rat!], comes another news from Spain where a man was served dishwasher detergent who later died from internal burns.

According to local Spanish media, the incident occured in a bar in the Isabel de Villena town square in the city of Benicarló on Spain's east coast.

Spain: Man served detergent in a bar

Reports suggest that customer Andres Lorente had ordered for white wine while he was at the restaurant and was served the colourless and odourless detergent by mistake.

Lorente was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after he suffered burns in his windpipe, throat and stomach. He later died in the hospital.

Police are investigating the matter even as they suspect that someone by mistake put the hazardous liquid in an empty wine bottle, which was later served to Lorente.

The bar owner was later arrested and charged with manslaughter but was let go after he made bail.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...