New Delhi, July 20: Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the Congress chief head on in the Lok Sabha, saying that the no-confidence motion against the government was not a test for him but for the opposition.
Modi also took a dig at Rahul Gandhi for his surprising walk across the aisle and hug, saying that it showed that the Congress chief was in a hurry to unseat him.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's speech
- Today the nation has seen the negativity expressed by some members. India saw how some people are so deeply opposed to development
- If you were not prepared for the debate why did you bring the motion? Why were you trying to delay the motion
- India has punished Congress for favouring one family.
- PM Modi says Indian economy is being strengthened and India is also strengthening the global economy
- Responding to Rafale deal allegations, PM Modi said that Rafale deal was full transparent
- I am a chowkidar, I am a bhagidar also, but not a saudagar like you.
- We are working towards doubling farmers' income by 2022. We have ensured soil health card reaches 15 crore farmers.
- We have launched a war on black money, and this won't stop. Our battle against corruption is troubling many.
- Congress does not believes in Chief Justice of India, Election Commission, EVMs. All this because they have lost trust in themselves.
- We have served the nation with the Mantra of 'Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas.
- Our government has the honour of working towards the electrification of 18,000 villages that were in the dark for 70 years. Most of these villages were situated in Eastern India and the Northeast.
- Congress asks why petrol was not included in GST. It was the UPA government that decided to keep petrol out of GST. Sometime look outside your family affairs.
- Vote for note, this is what the Congress indulged in all these years. Who does not know these games of the Congress.
- Today, it was said that I could not look eye to eye. Who am I to look into your eyes. I am only a kaamdhar, not a naamdhar.
- How can you call the surgical strikes as a jhumla. Modi is ready to listen to criticism, but not the Army. The Army is guarding us and you call the surgical strikes a jhumla.
- Because of the allegations about secrecy made by Rahul Gandhi, both India and France had to issue clarifications. Without proof you make allegations. The people of the country will not forgive you.
- There is a conspiracy to push the country towards violence. They emotionally blackmail the have-nots to win elections.
- These were the people who made fun of Baba Ambedkar but are now singing his praises. Whoever came in front of the dreams and aspirations of one family was pushed to the sidelines.
- It's our responsibility to ensure that the spirit of Telugu lives forever. Telugu is our 'Maa'.
- I had told Chandrababu Naidu that he is falling into the trap of the YSR Congress party. The problem is a domestic one, but the Parliament is being used as a platform.
- I assure that we will do everything for the people of Andhra Pradesh. We will leave no stone unturned for the benefit of the people of Andhra Pradesh.