Amidst the Doklam Standoff, several villagers at the Nathang villlage have been asked to vacate their homes immediately. This village is around 35 kilometres from the site.
There has been heavy troop movement in the area for the past couple of days, reported News 18. There are conflicting messages coming in from Doklam. However the decision to ask the villagers to vacate may not be related to the Doklam conflict, sources indicate.
There is an annual exercise of the soldiers of the 33 Corp. The soldiers are moving from Sukna towards Doklam, sources say. This is however an annual exercise that takes place.
The Army has termed this exercise as a regular maintenance move. Earlier in the day, officials had also said that at Doklam the situation is 'no war, no peace.'
On the other hand, China has been pressurising India to pull out of Doklam. India has however stood its ground and says that a troop withdrawal is possible only if it is simultaneous. It is the Chinese media which has been in the centre stage of the rhetoric.
Every day it has beating a war rhetoric and reminding India about 1962.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has time and again reminded the Chinese that this is. 2017 and not 1962. On Wednesday, he had said that India had learnt from 1962 and are in a much more powerful position today.