• search

Vote swing in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha bypoll

By Chennabasaveshwar
Subscribe to Oneindia News
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS
For Daily Alerts

    The Uttar Pradesh and Bihar by-elections results have dealt a the gigantic blow to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). According to poll analysis, not only coming together of Mayawati's BSP and Akhilesh Yadav's SP but also massive vote swing in favour of Samajwadi Party.

    Vote swing in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha bypoll

    According to NDTV analysis, in Uttar Pradesh, the vote for the SP - supported by the BSP - is a huge positive swing of 9 per cent to 10 per cent higher than their combined vote in 2014.
    The swing against the BJP in its strongest seats was even more significant.

    In 2014 general elections, 37.4 per cent votes polled for SP-BSP (combined) in Phulpur Lok Sabha seats. In the bypoll, with 9.5 per cent vote swing, SP-BSP secured 46.9 per cent votes. In Gorakhpur, with 10 per cent vote swing, SP-BSP got 48.9 per cent votes. In 2014, 38.8 per cent votes went to SP-BSP.

    In Araria LS seat, BJP+JD (U) got 43. 9 per cent votes, 5.6 per cent less compared to 2014 election in which vote share was 49.5 per cent.

    On the other hand, BJP lost 13.6 per cent votes in Phulpur and in Gorakhpur 5.3 per cent. In a nutshell, the defeat of the BJP was enabled - 66 per cent due to a united opposition and 33 per cent due to a swing in their favour. The analysis projected that if this trend continues, the BJP is facing defeat in the 2019 general election.

    OneIndia News

    For Breaking News from Oneindia
    Get instant news updates throughout the day.

    X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Oneindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Oneindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more