Voice is free, data is cheap: The Jio Revolution in 10 Points
1. Jio subscribers will never have to pay for domestic voice calls, incoming or outgoing! This is probably a world first.
2. The Jio welcome kit: Everything is free -- voice, data, apps -- for all subscribers until December 31, 2016.
3. From January 1, 2017, data will be charged at Rs. 50 per Gigabyte (GB) used, which Reliance claims is the cheapest rate in the world. Heavy data users will pay upto Rs. 25 per extra GB.
Reliance Jio data tariff plans introduced by Mukesh Ambani. pic.twitter.com/25BgMQWNVa— ANI (@ANI_news) September 1, 2016
4. There are no roaming charges to pay.
5. You can now have a Jio sim on any mobile phone, but Reliance also offers the Lyf line of 4G smartphones starting at Rs. 2,999.
6. Subscription plans start from packs of Rs. 19 for pre-paid users, and from Rs. 149 a month to Rs. 4,999 a month for post-paid customers.
Reliance Jio in Indian market.— PhD in Bak*****☔ (@Atheist_Krishna) September 1, 2016
7. Reliance is offering a special student discount, with 25 percent extra data on any given plan.
8. An Aadhaar card is all you need to get a Jio connection activated. Reliance says it will activate the SIM in 15 minutes.
9. Mukesh Ambani has promised that there will be no 'blackout days', that is, no premium charges on SMS
10. Jio-Fi wi-fi routers cost Rs. 1,999.