Uttar Pradesh: 7 children fall ill after consuming Albendazole tablets in Sambhal
Sambhal, Aug 11: Seven children were shifted to government hospital after they allegedly consumed Albendazole tablets at an Anganwadi Uttar Pradesh's Sambhal.
Chief Medical O, Sambhal says, "When 8-9 children complained of stomach ache after having the medicine, they were admitted to hospital. First-aid has been given to them."
In a similar incident, a teenage girl student of a BMC-run Urdu medium school in Mumbai died of suspected poisoning from a medicine dose while at least 30 others were taken ill on Thursday.
In a bid to tackle the countrywide public health threat of intestinal worm infections in children and related morbidity, all states and Union territories conducted the National Deworming Day on Saturday, as mandated by the Union ministry of health and family welfare. Albendazole and Mebendazole are the names of the deworming drugs used by the Government of India and is a safe treatment for intestinal worms.