UP will hold elections in seven phases which will start from February 11, and the counting of votes will be done on March 11.
State unit president Raj Babbar released the party manifesto in Lucknow. Also present were senior party leaders such as Ghulam Nabi Azad, Ashok Gehlot, Salman Khurshid, and Shiela Dixit.
Here are the highlights of the manifesto:
- Focus on youths, farmers and Dalits
- Free bicycles to girl students from classes 9 to 12
- Rs 3 lakh grant to Scheduled Caste youths to start a business
- Up to Rs 2 lakh low-interest loans for minorities
- Reservation within reservation for OBC
- Loan waiver for farmers.
- Better jails
- Lowering electricity rates
- A women's police station in every district