Union Power ministry saves power worth Rs 29,000 crore, brings down DISCOM loss by 41 per cent
The power ministry has succeeded in saving power worth Rs 29,000 crore. This is a big achievement since the overall losses incurred by the DISCOMs has reduced by 41 per cent under the present dispensation at Delhi.
Under UDAY, high loss making States like UP, Rajasthan & TN have decreased their losses by 60 to 70 percent while Haryana has reduced losses by 90%.
Among the other achievements of this government in the power sector are the electrification of 13,511 across the country.
Here is a breakdown of the achievements of the central government.
- Out of the 18,452 villages in the country, 13,511 were electrified as on May 2017.
- India's rank increased to 26 in 2017 from 99 in 2015 in the World Bank's Ease of getting electricity index.
- Record low tariffs were achieved in solar and wind energy. Wind tariff came down to Rs. 3.46/unit.
- Over 56 crore LED bulbs were distributed- 23 crore by government under UJALA and 22 crore by private sector.
- 7 Lakh energy efficient fans were distributed.
- 18.5 lakh LED Tubelights distributed.
- 7. 20 Lakhs LED Street lights installed.