Udta Punjab row: Know what Pahlaj Nihalani doesn't want people to see; check the list
New Delhi, June 9: Controversy over Bollywood film 'Udta Punjab' which is based on widespread drug problem in BJP-SAD ruled Punjab, is getting murkier day by day.
Political parties are also trying to fish in troubled water with the aim to garner political support as Assembly poll is scheduled next year in the State.
Film producer and director have opposed the 'cuts' by the Censor Board. They have alleged that Censor Board's chief Pahlaj Nihalani is acting at the behest of government.
Reportedly, Board has made 12 cuts in the film. Nihalani wants all objectionable content to be removed from the film.
It is being said that Government doesn't want to show Punjab in the bad light as election is round the corner and ruling alliance can't afford to lose its crediblity among people.
Here is the list of stuff which Nihalani doesn't want people to see in the film.
- In the starting of the film, sign board of Punjab has been shown. Board wants this to be deleted.
- Board also wants producer-director to remove all reference related with Punjab from the dialogues and songs of the film i.e name of cities including Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Tarn Taran.
- Board wants deletion of drug references from the first song.
- 'Chitta' word also to be removed from song number 3.
- Nihalani expreses dissatisfaction over abusive words in the film and ordered to remove those words.
- It is being said that director and producer have been told to remove words like MP, Parliament and election.
- CBFC has also objected a scene of a song where sardar has been shown scratching.
- In a scene, Tomi (Sahid Kapoor) is seen urinating in public. Board has objected over this scene.
- Board has opposed many controversial dialogues of the film.
- A dog has been named as Jackie Chan in the film. CBFC has also ordered to change the name of the dog.