The women judges of the Supreme Court of India
New Delhi, Aug 5: For the first time in history, the Supreme Court will have three women judges. With the appointment of Justice Indira Banerjee, the Supreme Court now has three women judges.
The other two women judges in the SC currently are Justice R Banumathi and Indu Malhotra. Justice Fathima Beevi was the first women judge of the Supreme Court and she was appointed in the year 1989.
Women judges of SC:
- Justice Fathima Beevi- 1989 to 1992
- Justice Sujata V Manohar- 1994 to 1999
- Justice Ruma Pal- 2000 to 2006
- Justice Gyan Sudha Misra- 2010 to 2014
- Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai- 2011 to 2014
- Justice R Banumathi- 2014
- Justice Indu Malhotra- 2018
- Justice Indira Banerjee- 2018